Once again, time has flown by. It’s mind boggling that 2018 is just an hour away. There were moments when it felt like 2017 would never end, and then there were moments that had me going, “whoa! Hold on a second! It was *insert month here* five minutes ago!”
2017 has been an interesting year to say the least. On a global scale, 2017 was by far the most challenging for many reasons, which I have chosen to not attempt discussing in this reflections post. Mostly due to the fact that I don’t know how to put any of it into words. And because I’ll wind myself up and I’d rather not end 2017 wound up. I would rather focus on how 2017 was for me personally. And on that note, 2017 has been a pretty great year. I’m convinced it’s because I’ve kept up my #ThinkPositive project – which I will continue to do in 2018. This project is two years old now and it still blows my mind how much it’s positively (pun intended) impacted my life. And I’ll still never be able to thank Michael Clifford enough for inspiring me to start it.
The last couple of years, I’ve rambled on about my year in my reflection post. This year, I think I’m going to keep it simple and bullet point all the highlights that I can remember from going back through all 365 #ThinkPositive2017 entries and share those with you.
2017 Highlights (photos to follow and are in date order from January to December)
- Was promoted from Assistant Store Manager to Store Manager at the end of January
- Was offered, and accepted, a position at the Las Colinas Symphony Orchestra in June
- Moved into a new apartment
- Started working out on a regular basis again and currently working my way up to being able to jog a 5k
- Got my first tattoo
- Saw many of my favorites artists and bands in concert: Green Day, Harry Styles, Niall Horan, All Time Low, Shawn Mendes, Ed Sheeran, Tim McGraw, Emmet Cahill
- Saw my all-time favorite baseball player’s number be retired by the Texas Rangers
- Saw one of my all-time favorite Dallas Stars players have his number retired
- Met Mark Hamill – still not over the fact that the man bear hugged me
- Saw a couple of incredible musicals – If/Then, Finding Neverland, Fun Home, The King and I
- Participated in my first protest march and walked away feeling far more empowered and ready to get more involved than I was before
- Made some pretty incredible friends online and am so grateful for those individuals being in my life
Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year! I wish you all health, happiness, and success in the new year! Here’s to 2018!